Membership Structure and Application Form
Click here for Complete Membership Brochure (PDF)
Click here for Dues Statement and Application Form (PDF)
Membership in CFDA and NFDA is mandatory and results in greater professional strength.
- Mandatory CFDA Base Fee - $395.00.
- CFDA Caseload - $4.00 per 2018 death certificates filed under the funeral home name & branches.
- Less Credit from CFDA 2018 Trust Involvement - You can only deduct your TRUST CREDIT off the CFDA CASELOAD section. If your Trust Credit EXCEEDS your CFDA CASELOAD, you can ONLY deduct the CASELOAD amount. (Contact CFDA office if applicable)
- Associate Licensee Member CFDA - Only - $395.00 - (Not currently employed in a funeral home. No Vote)
- Supplier/Mailing Members - $395.00 (No Vote)
CFDA/NFDA 2019 Membership Structure
NFDA is a firm-based membership.
- With the payment of one membership fee, the main location, all the additional locations and all licensed personnel at all locations will be considered members.
- Firm dues are tiered, based on the number of cases the firm files for the past calendar year. See the application form for details.
- We are maintaining separate membership categories for retired licensees, apprentices, and students.
- We are asking for the license numbers of all licensed personnel from a dues-paying firm.
- Members receiving the NFDA magazine, The Director, in 2018 will continue to receive it in 2019. New members may make that request on the reverse side of the dues statement.
Retired Licensee Member $200.00
Ideal for the funeral director no longer involved in the day-to-day operations of a business but still interested in the profession.
Apprentice Members $150.00
Transition from student to practicing funeral director.
Student Member $100.00
A great way for students who are enrolled in a mortuary science program or apprentices to get involved in their future profession.
Music License $257
A separate application will be sent out by NFDA.
Webcasting License $49
NFDA has finalized agreements with BMI, ASCAP, and SESAC to a webcasting license that enables you to legally broadcast funeral services that include copyrighted music over the internet.
Click here to review member benefits
Copyright © 2019, Connecticut Funeral Directors Association