Being a part of CFDA, and by extension NFDA, creates for each of us a connection to a network of information and benefits that enable members to protect their personal and business interests as well as provide opportunities to better serve our clients and communities. In 2017 CFDA will renew our commitment to continuing education and personal achievement. We will endeavor to instill pride in your profession and your association.
Membership in CFDA and NFDA is mandatory and results in greater professional strength.
The Most Common Financial Mistakes People Can Make When They Lose A Loved One
An introduction to TJB Financial Services, Inc. by CFDA Executive Director John Cascio
As a member of the CFDA you receive...
- New for 2017 - Staples Business Advantage Program
- Pride in your Industry & Association by displaying CFDA & NFDA logos on your website and promotion material
- Consumer Brochure: “Funeral Trust & Contracts: Regarding Medicaid Title 19” available with your funeral home imprint in English and Spanish
- Endorsed Connecticut Funeral Trust Program, Interment Trust Services/Access Financial
- CFDA/NFDA partnership with Federated Insurance for Property/Liability, Workers Compensation, and Financial Protection Services
- Partnership with TJB Financial: Investments, Comprehensive Financial Planning, Future Retirement
- Third-Party Merchandise Guidelines Booklet
- The Associate Newsletter, Website and 24/7 Email Newsletters
- Representation in State Legislation
- Representation at the National Level
- Educational Seminars designed to qualify for Continuing Education Credits
- Enhanced Website with Members Only Section
- Membership Manual & Resource Guide on CFDA Website
- 401k Benefit Program
- Directors Choice Credit Union
- Legal Counsel
- Public Relations Consultant
- Advertising & Graphic Design Services Available
- Political Action Committee (PAC) Participation
- Endorsed Collection Program (Hunter Warfield)
- Dues payable by MasterCard or VISA
- Timely Information Bulletins (meetings, dates, times, etc.)
- Discount on Poland Springs Office Water System
- Discount on Shred-it Office Services - Keep Your Sensitive Documents Secure
- Professional group of volunteers serving on our Executive Board and Committees
- Executive Director John Cascio and his staff in the Wethersfield office take every opportunity to keep you informed of Association activities. He welcomes your suggestions and works closely with the Officers and Executive Committee to ensure that your concerns are addressed.
- Membership dues include both Connecticut FDA and National FDA.
- Members involved in the Endorsed Master Trust should contact CFDA for Trust Credit Amount.
- Dues are payable each year. To assure listing in the NFDA Directory and to be eligible for Trust Credit dues must be received by February 24th.
CFDA Membership Structure
Complete Membership Brochure (PDF)
Dues Statement and Application Form (PDF)
NFDA Membership Structure
Code of Ethics and Our Commitment (PDF)
Notice Regarding Tax Deductibility of CFDA and NFDA Dues
Please note that CFDA and NFDA dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for tax purposes, but continue to be deducted as a business expense.
Generally, funeral homes that pay NFDA dues are able to deduct 100% of those dues as ordinary business expenses for federal tax purposes. However, due to the recently enacted Budget Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993 (the “Act”), any dues revenues utilized by a professional or trade association for lobbying purposes cannot be deducted by the member who paid the dues.
In accordance with the Act, the NFDA is hereby notifying its membership that it estimates that 5% of 2017 NFDA dues paid by a member will not be deductible as ordinary business expenses for federal tax purposes. Likewise, the CFDA is hereby notifying that 17% of 2017 CFDA dues paid by a member are not deductible as ordinary business expenses for federal tax purposes. These estimates are to be used by members in determining what portion of their dues are deductible. Please provide a copy of this notice to your accountant or other tax preparer.
Copyright © 2017, Connecticut Funeral Directors Association